Try Our Sausage Recipes
You'll be back for more
Red Beans and Rice
- 1 Package Savannah River Farms Smoked Andouille sausage, Sliced
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Celery Ribs, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1.5 Tsp Cajun Seasoning (Salt-Free)
- 2 (15oz) Cans Red Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley Leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook sausage until lightly browned about 3-4 minutes; set aside
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic and Cajun seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in red beans and chicken stock, bay leaf and sausage; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; continue to simmer until reduced, an additional 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, mash beans until slightly thickened, if desired; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with rice and garnished with parsley, if desired